The Barton Foundation is excited about our 9th Annual Sporting Clay Shoot. This modified lewis class event has become one of our signature events where we can meet and greet friends while raising funds for faculty mini-grants. The proceeds will be used to enhance the Barton student’s learning experience in the classroom.
This year the event will be Sunday, April 22, 2018 at Camp Aldrich, located near Claflin, Kansas. It will feature a course to complement Camp Aldrich’s landscape with two trap machines per station, and also offer two-person flurries, which will give participants an opportunity to practice or compete among themselves. The shoot runs from 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. with a shot-gun start, but shooters must start the course by 3 p.m. Prepaid registration is preferred but not required. Men, women, and youth of all ages are welcome to compete. For questions regarding the clay shoot you may call (620) 792-9306.
- $65 registration fee (individual shooter) or $195 registration fee (for three-person team)
- Registration includes 100 sporting clays. Shells not included, please bring your own ammunition.
- Lunch will be provided for pre-paid registrations received by April 11
- A limited number of lunches will be available for purchase the day of the shoot
- Ear and eye protection must be worn while on the course
- This is not an NSCA sponsored event. It is a modified lewis class event and all registrations will be entered in the lewis class competition.
- See event flier for complete details (attach link to event flier)
Hammeke Electric, Inc.
P & S Security
12 Gauge Shot Gun
Rob and Trisha Dove
M & M Equipment
20 Gauge Shot Gun
American State Bank & Trust Co.
CUNA Mutual Retirement Solutions
First Kansas Bank
Great Bend Tribune
Murphy Family Enterprises
Our vendor will again be Linden Target Sports who will supply the equipment and run the operations for the event. The pre-registration deadline is April 11. For your convenience you may register by mail or online by selecting the links below:
Complete the Online Registration Form or Mail-In Registration Form by April 11 to guarantee a lunch will be included with the registration fee. Additional lunches may also be purchased for $10 by that date. After April 11, a limited number of lunches may be available at the event.
Come join us and enjoy this event while giving our students a chance to improve their learning experience while at Barton Community College.
Check out images on Flickr or video on YouTube from past Clay Shoots.